YAMATO (Hereinafter referred to as "the Company"), recognizes that it is the basis of the Company’s business activities to protect personal information in view of the fact that personal information should be handled carefully under the principle of respect for the individual's personality and that it is a social responsibility of the Company and therefore the Company endeavours to protect personal information based on the following policy.
- Of the privacy information, "personal information" shall refer to "personal information" as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law, and is information about living individuals that can identify a specific individual through the name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact details or other information, or any information included herein.
- Of the privacy information, "history information and characteristic information" refers to information other than the "personal information" specified above, such as the services used, the products purchased, the pages viewed and the history of advertisements, keyword searched by the user, the date and time of use, the method of use, the environment of use, postal code and gender, occupation, age, user's IP address, cookie information, location information, individual identification information of the terminal, etc.
Methods of collecting privacy information
- The Company may ask users for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, and email address. In addition, the Company may collect information regarding payments from the Company’s Partners (‘Partners’ include information providers, advertisers, advertising distributors, etc.) and transactions records, including user's personal information made between users and business partners.
- Regarding users, when a user browses pages or uses services of the Company and our Partners, the Company collects characteristics information and history information from used services, purchased products, history of pages and advertisements viewed, keywords searched, date and time of use, usage method, usage environment (including also the communication status of the terminal when using through a mobile terminal, various setting information during usage etc.), IP address, cookie information, location information, individual identification information of the terminal, etc.
Purpose of collecting and using personal information
The purposes for which the Company collects and uses personal information are as follows.
- The purpose of using contact information such as name and address, etc. is for sending products to the users and/or contacting the users as necessary, and in the case of email addresses for contacting and notifying the user.
Provision of personal information to third parties
- The Company will not provide personal information to a third party without the prior consent of the user, except in the following cases. However, this does not apply when permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws and regulations.
- When required by law.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with national institutions or local public bodies or persons entrusted by such organizations for their carrying out their affairs stipulated by the laws and regulations, and when there is risk and hindrance to carry out the relevant affairs with the consent of the person himself/herself.
- When the following matters have been notified or publicly announced
- Including provision to a third party for the purpose of use.
- Items of data provided to third parties.
- Means or methods of provision to a third party.
- Stop providing personal information to third parties at the request of the person.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the following cases shall not fall under the category of a third party.
- When the Company outsources all or part of the handling of personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- When personal information is provided due to business succession due to a business merger or other reasons.
- When personal information is used jointly with a specific party, and when the relevant person is in a state that can be easily known or can be notified regarding the title or name of the party that is responsible for the administration of relevant personal information and for the usage purpose of the user, for the scope of people who use it jointly, and for the items of personal information that are used jointly to that effect.
Disclosure of personal information
- When requested by a person to disclose his/her personal information, the Company will disclose it to the person without delay. However, if the disclosure falls under any of the following, the Company may not disclose all or part of it, and if the Company decides not to disclose it, the Company will notify the person to that effect without delay.
- When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the person or a third party.
- When there is a risk of a significant hindrance to the proper implementation of the Company’s business.
- When it violates other laws and regulations.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of this section, the Company will in principle not disclose information other than personal information such as history information and characteristics information.
Correction and deletion of personal information
- If the user's personal information held by the Company is incorrect, the user can request the Company to correct or delete the personal information according to the procedure established by the Company.
- When the Company receives a request from the user and determines that it is necessary to respond to the request, then the Company will correct or delete the personal information without delay and notify the user of the correction and/or deletion.
Suspension etc. of personal information usage
When the Company is requested by a person to delete or suspend the use of his/her personal information due to reasons that it was obtained by fraudulent means or reasons that the personal information is handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use (hereinafter referred to as “Usage Suspension”), then the Company will conduct the necessary investigation without delay, and based on the result the Company will suspend the use of personal information and notify the person to that effect. However, if there is a large amount of cost for Usage Suspension of personal information, or if it is difficult to conduct the Usage Suspension of personal information, and if necessary alternative measures can be taken to protect the rights and interests of the individual, then the Company will resort to these alternative measures.
- The contents of this policy may be changed without notifying the user.
For inquiries regarding this policy, please contact the Company through the following.
Yakitori YAMATO Kitashinchi
Doujima Mery Center Building 3F&5F
Doujima 1-3-16, Kita-ku, Osaka